Saddle Up’s number one priority is to assist our customers in finding the best fitting saddle for both horse and rider. A correct fitting saddle is the key to optimum performance, safety, and communication with your horse. Offering saddle fitting’s on and off site is our way to try to ensure you are getting the best fitting saddle possible. You can bring your horse to our location, make your selection of saddles, and try them on right at our shop or pick out the saddles of your choice and we will bring them to your location. If you’re purchasing online, we also want to make sure the saddle is right for you, that's why we give you 7 days from the date the saddle is received to make sure it’s exactly what you’re looking for!
On-Site Saddle Fit Prices:
- Saddle fits on-site are $35.00. This fee covers one horse for an hour of our saddle fitter's time. Each additional horse will be $15.00. This fee will need to be paid while scheduling either over the phone or in the shop.
- The $35.00 fee in non-refundable.
Off-Site Saddle Fit Prices:
- Within 30 miles from Saddle Up: $125.00 fitting fee and $1.50 per mile to your location (one way).
- Within 31-45 miles from Saddle Up: $150.00 fitting fee and $1.50 per mile to your location (one way).
- Within 46-60 miles from Saddle Up: $175.00 fitting fee and $1.50 per mile to your location (one way).
- Over 61 miles from Saddle Up will be charged on a case by case basis with a minimum charge of $200.00 fitting fee and $1.50 per mile to your location (one way).
- General Rule: Each additional 15 miles add additional $25
- If you personally have more than one horse you would like us to fit, each additional horse per party is $25.00 (husband and wife’s horses, you own 3 horses, etc.)
- If another party at the same location would like us to fit their horse as well, the same fitting fee would be charged for their horse and $25.00 for each additional horse. However, the mileage fee can be split with the other party.
Expectations and Extra Fees:
- Please have horses caught, groomed, and ready to be saddled at the time of our arrival.
- Time will begin at scheduled appointment time.
- This fee covers one horse for an hour of our saddle fitter's time, each additional hour will be prorated at 15 min. intervals for $60 an hour.
- If we are unable to try saddles on the horse because of any behavior issues, the saddle fitting fee will still apply.
- Saddle fittings can be canceled or rescheduled in the event of severe weather. When it is below 32 degrees, when it is snowing, or when it is raining, Saddle Up has the right to cancel the saddle fitting appointment at any time. This policy is in place to ensure the safety of the saddle fitters, the saddles, the horses, and the horse owners. In the event of a large snow storm, we do ask the property for any off-site saddle fit is plowed at the time of the saddle fit.
Signs of Improper Saddle Fit:
- Pinning ears
- Swishing Tail
- Decline of performance
- White spots on back
- Uneven sweat pattern on horses' back after riding
- Horse tenses when the saddle is placed on it's back
- Constantly needs re-adjusting
- Causes you to sit down on your horse’s spine
- Cinch needs to be over-tightened
- Sliding forward or backward